MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
April 1, 2019
The board meeting was called to order by Kate Tyczinski at 6:10 p.m. Others present were Sara Wilson, Lenny Glover, Julie Barden, Kes Thompson, Kathy Jerome and Joy Waterbury. Betty Kastenschmidt was absent. Motion by Kes and seconded by Julie to approve the minutes for March 4, 2019. The motion passed. The Treasurer’s Report for April was reviewed and discussed. Lenny made a motion to approve the April Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded by Kes and the motion passed.
1. Spring Fling: Sara advised that the posters are available and asked everyone to take some along and put them up wherever they could. She has the food list up on the desk and people are starting to sign up for donations. Three items have been donated that will be raffled off.
2. Rummage for Reading Table: Sara advised that she has not had time to total up the March sales.
1. Security System: Sara advised that the security system has been installed and that he will be back again for more training.
2. Front Awning: Sara advised that the awning is starting to come apart in four areas. The awning was installed in 2005. She has a quote of $2,455 to replace the canvas. The structure to hold the canvas is still in good shape. Lenny made a motion that we purchase a new canvas for the awning. Joy seconded the motion and the motion was approved by all.
1. Display Table: Sara advised that the theme for April is "Reading Helps the Mind Bloom". Items on the table are about gardening and stories related to spring. The display case is empty currently.
2. Bill Paying: A discussion was held about the problem of not receiving all the utility bills before our meeting. Joy made a motion to authorize the Library Director to pay the utility bills without prior board authorization, Lenny seconded the motion and the motion passed with all in favor.
3. New Board Member: A discussion was held about needing names of potential nominees and the board was asked to come with ideas at next month’s meeting.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
A discussion was held about coming up with ideas for future fundraising.
Motion by Kate and seconded by Joy to adjourn the meeting at 6:45 p.m.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.