MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
December 7, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Jes Walker at 6:17 p.m. Others present were Lenny Glover, Sara Wilson, Kate Tyczinski, Betty Kastenschmidt, Joy Waterbury, Kathy Sletten and Jean Winther. Chrissy Michels was absent. A motion was made by Betty and seconded by Kathy to approve the minutes for November 2, 2015 and the treasurer’s report showing a balance of $5,410.87.
1. Shelving Re-arranging: The shelving project has been put on hold until after the holidays.
2. Basket Fundraiser: We made a total of $742 on the basket fundraiser. It was an easy fundraiser and Sara asked the board to be on the lookout for large baskets for our next basket fundraiser.
3. Cookie Walk: The posters are in for anyone to take and put up wherever they can. For the Mystery Boxes Sara read off a list of what she had gotten so far. Most of the board will be able to help at the cookie walk. Workers are needed on Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until finished. A discussion was held about how best to set up the tables now that the library has been rearranged.
4. Carpet Cleaning: Sara advised that the cost for cleaning the carpets was $295 and they look very nice.
1. Furnaces Cleaned: Sara advised that the furnaces were cleaned at a cost of $150. It was suggested that the heating ducts be inspected in the spring to see if they need cleaning as well.
2. Windows Washed: Sara advised that the windows were washed inside and out at a cost of $120.
1. Holiday Closings: It was decided that the library will be closed from December 24 until January 4.
2. Bonuses: After a discussion, a motion was made by Kathy and seconded by Jean to give Sara a bonus of $750, Phil a bonus of $100 and a bonus of $50 to each Kes and Lori.
3. Road to the Oscars: A discussion was held if we are going to show Oscar nominated movies again this year. It was decided to have them again and show them on Thursday nights in Feb. at 6:00 p.m.
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
There were no topics from the floor.
Motion by Joy and seconded by Betty to adjourn the meeting at 7:05 P.M. Sara gave each board member a gift envelope.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, January 4, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the library.