MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
June 29, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Jes Walker at 6:10 p.m. Others present were Betty Kastenschmidt, Lenny Glover, Sara Wilson, Joy Waterbury and Kate Tyczinski. Jean Winther, Kathy Sletten and Chrissy Michels were absent. A motion was made by Joy and seconded by Kate to approve the minutes for May 18, 2015 and the treasurer’s report showing a balance of $21,818.24.
1. Photo Exhibit: Sara advised that we sold about 13 photos. $23 was raised for the raffled photo.
2. Kes Update: Sara advised that Kes sent in her letter of resignation. Lori will be staying on in the position.
3. Flower Fundraiser: Sara advised that another $50.50 profit was made with an online order.
1. Shelving Re-arranging: Sara advised that the project has not been done yet.
1. Summer Reading Program: At this time 26-27 kids are signed up and more are expected.
a. Bat Program: The program will cost $400 and will be held on July 23.
b. Pool Party: We will be doing a pool party this year instead of T-shirts. Sara advised that she will need someone to work the day of the pool party, July 30. Jean worked last year and Sara will check with her. Winnefox does have a substitute librarian program if we need to use it. The pool party will cost about $400.
c. Edna Pugh Trust: Sara will write a letter to the Trust asking them to support either the bat program or the pool party.
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
Sara asked if the board members would like an extra email reminder the day of the meeting.
Motion by Jes and seconded by Joy to adjourn the meeting at 6:30 P.M.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, July 27, 2015 at 6pm at the library.