MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
May 18, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Jes Walker at 6:10 p.m. Others present were Betty Kastenschmidt, Lenny Glover, Jean Winther, Kathy Sletten, Sara Wilson, Joy Waterbury and Chrissy Michels. Kate Tyczinski was absent. A motion was made by Jean and seconded by Betty to approve the minutes for April 27, 2015 and the treasurer’s report.
1. Purse Fundraiser: Sara advised that we raised $768 with the 32 purses that were donated and auctioned. It was felt that we may have lost a few male bidders because we had only purses and that baskets were more generic.
2. Photo Club: Kathy advised that she would like to set up the photo exhibit on Wednesday, May 20. The Photo Club will have 45 to 50 pictures to display and sell.
3. Lori Working: Sara advised that Lori has started her training and is learning quickly.
1. Future Re-arranging: Sara presented a new floor plan that she would like to put into effect. She requested that we get two new shelf units to accommodate our growing number of books. Joy made a motion that Sara proceed with the purchase of new shelf units costing up to $2500. Jes seconded the motion.
2. Credit Cards: Sara presented a letter from Winnefox about the library’s interest in using credit cards for our patrons to use for paying their library bills. After a discussion, Sara felt that credit cards would be used by our patrons so it was decided that she should inform Winnefox that we would be interested in using credit cards in our library.
1. Fundraisers: After a discussion, it was decided that we would not have any fundraisers for a while. A discussion was held about having a cash raffle with the cookie walk. A motion was made by Kathy and seconded by Chrissy that the library applies to the State for a gaming license.
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
There were no topics from the floor.
Motion by Jean and seconded by Betty to adjourn the meeting at 6:47 P.M.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6pm at the library.