MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
March 30, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Jean Winther at 6:05 p.m. Others present were Joy Waterbury, Lenny Glover, Kate Tyczinski, Chrissy Michels and Sara Wilson. Jes Walker, Kathy Sletten and Betty Kastenschmidt were absent. A motion was made by Joy and seconded by Kate to approve the minutes for January 25, 2015. Motion by Chrissy and seconded by Jean to approve the treasurer’s report.
1. Gift Giving Table: A discussion was held if the table should be kept up all the time. It was decided to take it down for now.
2. Penny Challenge: Sara advised that we won the penny challenge. Markesan raised $142.57 and we raised $442.67.
3. Computer Classes: As of today Sara advised that only 2 people have signed up for the Facebook class to be given by Kes on April 7. No one has signed up yet for the class to be taught on April 14 by Kathy on EBay or the class to be held on April 21 by Phil on Computer Security.
4. Road to the Oscar’s: The Road to the Oscar’s program was discussed. Next year we will start in January. The new TV has been installed. A motion by Joy and seconded by Kate that we sell the old 32” TV by silent auction with a minimum bid of $50
5. Flower Fundraiser: Everyone was reminded that the orders for the flower fundraiser are due April 11.
6. March 10 Work Afternoon: Sara advised that the work afternoon went well.
1. Grout Cleaning: Sara advised that the grout cleaning turned out well. It looks like new and was sealed. The job cost $449.25.
1. Sara advised that the Annual Report has been finished.
2. Purse Fundraiser: It was decided to hold the purse fundraiser for Mother’s Day. We will ask people to take a purse and fill it with items and they will then be auctioned off. The silent auction will run from April 27 thru May 2. We will auction off the old TV at the same time.
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
There were no topics from the floor.
Motion by Kate and seconded by Joy to adjourn the meeting at 6:50 P.M.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, April 27, 2015 at 6pm at the library.