MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES February 23, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Jes Walker at 6:10 p.m. Others present were Kathy Sletten, Lenny Glover, Joy Waterbury, Kate Tyczinski and Sara Wilson. Chrissy Michels arrived late. Jean Winther and Betty Kastenschmidt were absent. A motion was made by Joy and seconded by Kathy to approve the minutes for January 25, 2015 and the treasurer’s report.
1. Gift Giving Table: Sara advised that things were slowing down on the table but it was decided to keep it up yet.
2. Penny Challenge: Sara advised that the jars are up in both libraries and the money is coming in.
3. Town of Marquette: Joy advised that she attended the Town of Marquette monthly meeting and we received the money we requested from them.
4. Computer Classes: It was decided to keep Tuesday nights going after the Oscar movies end with computer classes. Kathy will teach a class on EBay, Kes will teach a class on Facebook and Phil will teach a class on computer security. A discussion was held if we should charge for the classes. A motion was made by Joy that we set a price of $10 for the computer classes. The motion was seconded by Jes and the motion carried. Other ideas for Tuesday nights were discussed.
5. Road to the Oscars: The attendance at the Tuesday night movies was discussed. It was also brought up that a larger TV would be better for viewing. After a discussion, Joy made a motion to approve the purchase of a 50” TV not to exceed $600 in cost. Kate seconded the motion and the motion passed. A brief discussion was also held about getting cushioned chairs it the future. It was also mentioned that it would be nice to have a board member in attendance at the movies.
6. Flower Fundraiser: Jes explained how the Flower Power Fundraiser works and handed out catalogs and order forms to the board members. 50% of the cost goes to the library. The order forms are due back April 11. Checks should be made payable to the library and the orders will be sent directly to the customer’s home.
1. Floor Cleaning: The tile grout will be cleaned this Friday as long as the outside temperature is above 10 degrees.
1. Shelves in Kids Section: Sara advised that the shelves in the kids section are very full and would like to rearrange the shelves. Cindy from WCTS will be here on Tuesday, March 10 and asked if some of the board could come to help at 1:00 p.m. that day.
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
There were no topics from the floor.
Motion by Kate and seconded by Kathy to adjourn the meeting at 7:00 P.M.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, March 30, 2015 at 6pm at the library.