MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
January 25, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Jes Walker at 6:06 p.m. Others present were Kathy Sletten, Lenny Glover, Chrissy Michels and Sara Wilson. Jean Winther. Kate Tyczinski, Betty Kastenschmidt and Joy Waterbury were absent. A motion was made by Chrissy and seconded by Kathy to approve the minutes for December 1, 2014 and the treasurer’s report.
1. Shopwithscrip.com: We made $67.95 with the first order we sent in. The board felt it was a lot of work for what we made and different options were discussed.
2. Cookie Walk: The cookie walk brought in $1,246.75.
3. Hub for Huggies: The diapers are being collected throughout the county until January 31.
4. Copier: The new copier has been installed and is working well. The cost was $1721 plus $15 per month for service (1000 copies). The cost was covered by fund raiser monies. Over 1000 copies cost $.017 per copy and we charge $.10 per copy. In November we made 3692 copies and in December we made 5501 copies.
5. Gift Giving Table: We will keep the gift giving table up and add sale items that people may donate to the library.
1. Windows Washed: The windows were washed in December at a cost of $125.
2. Lights: New lights have been put in the back room at a cost of $300. We can try to sell the old 8 foot light fixtures
3. Floor Cleaning Estimate: Sara advised that she received an estimate from Providence Cleaning & Restoration from Fond du Lac of $269.55 to clean the ceramic tile and $179.79 to seal the tile. After a discussion, Jes made a motion to have the tile cleaned and sealed. Lenny seconded the motion.
1. New Display: The new display is the doll collection of Marlene Kohn.
2. Penny Challenge from Markesan: Sara advised that we will be having a penny challenge with the Markesan library as a fund raiser. The challenge will run from February 16 through March 16.
3. Letter to Town of Marquette: After attending the Town of Marquette Budget Hearing, Jean has written a letter to the Town to address some of the questions and concerns they had. A motion was made by Kathy and seconded by Chrissy that the letter should be signed and sent to all of the Town of Marquette board members.
4. Kes Surgery in May: Sara advised that Kes will be having surgery in May and will probably be out for May and June and asked if the board will be able to help out during that time.
5. Winnefox Budget: Sara advised that Winnefox will have a budget shortfall of $100,000 this year. She asked the board to attend Library Legislative Day on February 17 or else write letters to our legislators.
6. Community Calendar: Kathy Scheier is starting a community calendar for our area.
7. Computer Classes: Sara advised that there has been interest in different computer classes and it was decided to charge a nominal fee.
8. Road to the Oscars: The Green Lake library has been showing movies that have been nominated for Oscars for several years now and it was decided that we would try to do the same. Rita Socha has volunteered to head this up and we will have popcorn available.
9. Flower Fundraiser: Jes explained how the fundraiser works and will order 10 kits for us. It was also discussed that we should be thinking about other fundraisers to use in 2015.
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
Sara advised that a number of large donations have been received lately and thank you’s have been sent out.
Motion by Jes and seconded by Kathy to adjourn the meeting at 7:35 P.M.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, February 23, 2015 at 6pm at the library.